(A not so Mini) Mid-week Update!
Hey all! Just wanted to write a not-so-mini mid-week update!
We’ve had a lot happen over this past week (and will continue to have a lot going on over the next 2 weeks!) I had the opportunity to lead worship for ‘Community Night’ at the YWAM Chiang Rai base (just a small gathering) last wednesday night. Then, the ladies from YWAM Colorado Springs arrived safely (woohoo!) and after settling in on Friday morning, they were thrown into sharing and teaching straight away that evening! I led worship again on Sunday for our church and had a blast with Paul Wilcox who came and shared God’s love with us =)
Over the past couple days, we’ve been going to the university during lunch hours to hang out and hand out flyers for… dun dun dun dunnnnn… EXCHANGE CAMP!! Which is this coming Saturday! So our Exchange Camp this quarter is only one day (from 9am-8pm) and the topic of the day is on Relationships (no, not romance…), on how to have a better relationship with the people around you, and how to have a [better] relationship with God! So we kinda entice the students with promises of fun games and activities and a chance to practice english with farangs (foreigners) and to have a chance to meet and make new friends =) A lot of the students who sign up are freshmen (although we’ve got a couple seniors too!) and most of them don’t know Jesus. We’ve already got over 40 students who have signed up! Which is more than we expected (having only gone to the University twice so far) but that means that God is doing something, and so I’m really excited!!
Please pray for the Exchange Camp on Saturday.
• Pray that those who have signed up will come (often times, people end up not coming even if they’ve signed up and paid…)
• Pray for open hearts and open minds to hear the truth and to learn about a Love that is unlike any other!
• Pray for us, the staff, and the team as we prepare… because I still don’t actually know what we’re gonna be doing XD haha
What else? We’ve been having small group every night (since monday) and so far it’s been an all girls group (which is okay… I guess). When the team arrived, we discovered that the topic of Identity was something that was on their hearts, which is cool because it’s something that has been on many of our hearts too! So, during this small group, we talk a lot about Identity. Who we are in Christ, how Jesus is our plum line and how we need to build our identity upon His firm foundation. The discussions have been fantastic and God is speaking to so many of these girls, it’s super fab! =D
• Please pray for our small group and for the girls! That we would learn to be vulnerable with God and with each other, so that we might help each other grow and lift each other up!
• Also, sometimes there are non-christians who attend our small groups, which is fantastic! But please pray a special prayer for them! Pray that they would listen, receive and believe the truth that they are being so boldly confronted with.
Other random stuff!
• We ran into a YWAM Kentucky DTS team who just arrived in Thailand about a week ago, for outreach! Fun stuff ^^ We exchanged contact info with them so hopefully we’ll be seeing them around
• I finally kinda made a good latte! With art! Just a little bit… Kinda… I’ll keep trying ‘till I get it right XD Ella (YWAM Colorado team) took a picture… I’ll try and post it later XD
Love and Blessings!
Update from Dawn :: @Peace
Hey guys! If you haven’t subscribed to my mailing list yet (or, if you don’t check your email) follow the link to read my update!
Subscribe to my mailing list!
If you haven’t done so yet, please add yourself to my mailing list and stay connected! New update will be send out in approximately 12 hours! =D
Things I have been up to, and things to come!
Hmmm so… Things that I have been up to!
• Staying up and talking alllll night to my new friends
• Teaching English
• Making coffee! (but the shop isn’t open yet…)
• Leading worship and jamming
• Epic Dance Party!!
• Trying to remember everyone’s names… haha
Things to come!
• Chiang Mai tomorrow! Staff retreat and team building trip ^^
• Team from Colorado Springs is coming in less than 2 weeks!
• Opening the coffee shop next month!!! =D
• More students for me to tutor XD
I made it to Chiang Rai!
Spent a little time unpacking what I could unpack… my room is directly above the Coffee Shop ministry, right above the kitchen… haha! =D Now that’s a far walk to work everyday XD
I am so blessed!
These past couple days have been amazing!
See, last week was a little hard - I feel like I was suddenly bombarded with the reality that my life is going to be changed… again! Which is very exciting, don’t get me wrong, but change is always… a mystery =) so I was nervous, and a lot of insecurities suddenly surfaced, which is always unexpected… Maybe I should learn to expect it…
But! God is so so so so soo good =)
Well… of course He is!
Over the past couple days, I’ve had some super meaningful conversations with people that I haven’t been able to talk to much. Some of these conversations only lasted a couple minutes (and had great great impact) while some others lasted a couple hours! But it doesn’t really matter how short or long, God totally used the people around me to remind me of His faithfulness and His goodness, and of how much He loves me! I know that I will be fine, as long as I am where He wants me to be =)
With that said, I also got new glasses, and new running shoes! And, I believe my room is going to look like a hurricane tore through it over the next couple days… Chiang Rai, here I come!!!
Hello lovely family and friends!!
Just a quick update: I was due to leave this coming Sunday to go up north to receive some training before officially starting work this June, however the wife of the guy who is giving us the training was in a car accident recently… and so, he is taking care of his wife and unable to give the training. With that said, I will be delaying my move up to Chaing Rai until June (so that I don’t have to make an extra trip back to Bangkok and up again) so I just wanted to let you guys know that! Please be praying for this couple (I don’t know their names but I’ll let you guys know as soon as I find out!).
I also wanted to just say thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has been praying for me, and financially supporting me =) Things are coming along great, God is providing and doing little miracles in my life, and it really is a blessing to know that you are praying for me =) Music for Missions was super fun, and God took that time to remind me of His plans, His grace, His blessings. He is SO GOOD!!
Here’s a couple ways to stay connected with me outside of tumblr:
• Find me on facebook:: http://www.facebook.com/groups/358545140869755/
• Subscribe to my mailing list:: http://eepurl.com/knqj5
Thanks again for praying for me and being a part of what God is doing! Please let me know how I can be praying for you!
Please be PRAYING!!
Over the past couple months, I’ve been praying and trying to figure out the answer to “What’s next?!” And so there were a couple ideas that were strong in my heart…
Anyway, one of those really stuck out to me, and I got in contact with some people I know up in northern Thailand, in Chiang Rai specifically which is where SOW outreach was =) and yes! I had a good conversation with a friend and found that my vision was totally matching up with where they were in their ministry and in what their current needs are.
So! This past Monday, I got to share that with my pastor, and he asked me to write a proposal to the church leadership about what I want to do over the next couple months! So, I wrote a proposal, outlining what’s been on my heart and what my next steps are… and I am asking for support from my church - both prayer support and financial support.
They will be having a meeting tomorrow morning where one of the thing they will talk about and pray about (hopefully) is my proposal, so please please please just keep that in your prayers. I really feel like a lot of doors just keep opening but at this current moment, I have no financial back up and if things go as planned, I’m supposed to be going up north in three weeks! So I believe this is a crucial moment. I will say that I am not nervous, I feel peace in my heart and my eyes are on God. No matter what, I know He will take care of me… but it is still good to pray!
So, thank you for praying! I’m still sorting out some details, but I’ll let you guys know as soon as I do, what I will be doing up north and when I will be moving! WOOHOO!! God is good! =)
P.S. HAPPY SONGKRAN!!!
I just wanted to write real quick! That I met with Pastor this past Monday to talk about… stuff! About what I’ve been up to this past year, things I’ve learned, how I feel I’ve changed and where I’m at now. And also the future! Dreams and possibilities… which also leads to something that is coming up! Another life change in a month. More details to come later, but please remember me as your pray!
• That God will be ever present in my thoughts, decisions and in my life.
• That details will work themselves out, smoothly and quickly!
• That no matter what happens, that all glory belongs to God alone!
• And that I’d have a good time at home with family and friends before this next big adventure!
But for now… my bed is calling my name…
So you’re wondering what I’ve been up to…?
Things I have been up to! =)
• Going to church, meeting old friends, and meeting new friends! Getting plugged back into life groups and community here.
• I hang out with the youth group and the worship people (but I haven’t officially re-joined their leadership team, just for clarification)
• I’ve been trying to figure out jobs and working… and what I’m going to do next and when.
• Trying to write more music… which is a lot harder now that I don’t have easy access to instruments =.= boo… oh well!
• Praying praying praying!
• My friend’s dad, Tim Roth, took a bad fall and has been in the ICU in the hospital. I’ve been trying to help out and set up things to make it easier for everyone to stay updated. Please check out facebook.com/PrayForTimRoth to see updates and please pray for him!
• What elseee… I’ve had more YWAM friends come visit. It’s always so so nice to be with them because I feel like we have an understanding that I don’t have with most people. Love them!
• I’m meeting with my pastor tomorrow! To talk about what the past year has been like for me, and what the future may look like. Exciting stuff! Please pray for that too! That we’d both be encouraged by the things that God is doing.
• Spending a ton of time at home, cleaning, digging out old junk and trying to get rid of stuff. I have so much STUFF. It’s quite a change - going from living for a year out of 2 bags to a room full of stuff I’ve collected over the past many years of my life XD
Anyway, that’s most of what I’ve been doing!